Carrot Cupcake Recipe
A carrot cupcake recipe? Who would think? This carrot cake cupcake recipe is an excellent nourishment source. Delicious, and just sweet enough. Filled with homemade goodness.
Carrots fresh from the veggie patch are a real delight for the eyes. Fresh carrots provide an abundance of nearly all life supporting nutrients.
Vitamin A is an essential vitamin for promoting good eyesight. Vitamin E, along with calcium, phosphorous and minerals work together to build strong bones.
What better way to get your children to eat a vegetable. Sweet goodness.
This carrot cake cupcake recipe goes a long way.The cream cheese icing works well. This carrot cupcake recipe brings out the flavor of the carrot, and enhances the spices. Try serving it along with breakfast, or brunch.
When decorated,the carrot cake cupcake attractively accompaniesyour other desserts. See my decorating suggestion below for a festive flare.
Adults like them. Keep the carrots a secret, and go for it with the kids. I bet they will love them.
Did you think you would be getting a lesson on nutrients while visiting a carrot cupcake recipe site?
Enjoy and be healthy! Happy Thanksgiving.
Carrot Cupcake Recipe - Carrot Cake Cupcake
Cupcake Baking Directions
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots (if you can, use a food processor or chopper)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with paper or foil liners
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add oil, eggs, and fold in carrots
- Mix at low speed for 30 seconds
- Mix at high speed for 3 minutes
- Pour batter into cupcake liners until they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Decorate with a gel pen, or orange sprinkles. Chocolate sprinkles also make this cupcake appealing and delightful to the palette.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine and vanilla in medium bowl on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and spreadable.
Carrot Cupcake Recipe Decorating Ideas
Draw a carrot
A simple gelled carrot works nicely on top of each iced cupcake.
You can purchase at the grocery or craft store.
Draw an orange carrot, and put a green stem on, with either a gumdrop slice, or draw it with green gel.
Horn of Plenty
A bugle snack chip placed on its side give the appearance of a Horn of Plenty. Fill it with mini M&M;'s, or Runt.
If you have a candy by the pound type of venue, you may be able to purchase Runts in fruit shapes. A small dab of icing smeared inside the bugle will help keep them in place.