Maple Syrup Cupcakes Recipe
with Maple Syrup Frosting
Although we tend to think of breakfast, these maple syrup cupcakes are a syrup lovers delight.
I first tried this recipe, to bring along to a boyscout fall camp out weekend.
The flavor was versatile. I served the maple syrup cupcakes for breakfast.
We would already have syrup on the table for the french toast and pancakes.
I thought it would be tasty, and fun to drop a dollop on top of the cupcake. I made two batches.
Whatever was left would be served that night at the campfire. They were a big hit, and gone before breakfast was over.
The Pilgrims were the first settlers to use maple syrup. They used it and implemented often. I bet if the had ovens, a maple syrup cupcake would have been famous.
This is a great Thanksgiving cupcake, a yummy compliment for the Thanksgiving table. Too good to pass by.
Maple Syrup Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 stick unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Cupcakes Baking Instructions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cupcake tins with paper or foil liners
- In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger
- Beat the butter and sugar until they make a creamy consistency
- Beat in eggs, maple syrup and vanilla on medium speed
- Gradually stir in flour mixture and buttermilk
- Stir in walnuts
- Fill cup tins 2/3rds full (makes approximately 18 cupcakes)
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely
|Cupcake Baking Hint|
|Before measuring the maple syrup, spray the measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray, or gently coat with oil. This will prevent the syrup from clinging to the cup, so you will get the true measurement.|
Maple Syrup Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces of cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
Maple Syrup Frosting Directions
- Beat the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl until light and fluffy
- Add maple syrup and vanilla
- Gradually add the confectioners sugar, beating on high speed until light an fluffy
- Place the bowl of icing in a bowl of ice water to chill for about one hour before frosting your cupcakes
Mm, mm, good!
Related Creative Cupcake Recipes Links
Creative Cupcake Recipes and Decorating Ideas
Creative Thanksgiving Cupcakes. Thanksgiving themed cupcake recipes and ideas.
Tell Us Your Favorite Cupcake Recipes.
More Creative Thanksgiving Cupcake Recipes