Orange Velvet Cupcakes for Halloween
How creative. Orange Velvet Cupcakes for Halloween. We all love Red Velvet Cupcakes. I never would have thought of baking Orange Velvet until I came across a blog several weeks ago called The Swell Life. It has very cool, unique recipes and Halloween ideas.
I had found a new Halloween
cupcake topper, and I had that in mind. So, when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to bake these cupcakes to accompany the topper.
When I baked these cupcakes, I followed the recipe precisely.
The orange zest cream cream frosting is very flavorful. With the bat toppers on top, it makes such a cute Halloween Cupcake.
Click on photo to see recipe
Orange Velvet Cupcakes Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- orange food tint
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/12 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 cupcake tins with foil or paper liners.
- Beat softened butter and sugar until blended.
- Add food tint and eggs. beat until well blended.
- Add buttermilk, flour, salt, vanilla, and orange extract, and blend well.
- Add the vinegar, and then add the baking soda.
- Fill tins 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 18 to 29 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Your batter will have a thick consistency.
Helpful hit: Do not over beat or your cupcakes will be dense.
| Melt four tablespoons of white chocolate chips and add to the frosting, for a white chocolate flavor.
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cream chesse, butter, orange peel and orange juice until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add confectioners sugar gradually, and beat until smooth and fluffy. (try not to overbeat or your frosting will come out grainy)
- Decorate your cupcakes with the icing.
- For a festive Halloween look, try adding Bat Cupcake Toppers.
I found these containers at the craft store. They are so cute for a traveling Halloween goody.
Related Creative Cupcake Recipes Links
Creative Cupcake Recipes and Decorating Ideas Fun and creative cupcake recipes and decorating ideas for every occasion. Birthday Parties, Holiday Parties, Wedding and Baby Shower, and kid themed. Free recipe downloads and pics.
Creative Halloween Cupcakes, Designs and Ideas Halloween Cupcakes, Halloween cupcake recipes, spooky cupcakes, pumpkins, witches, and other assorted monsters.
Spider Cupcake Recipes. Spiders, webs, and little critters. Recipes for a chocolate spider cupcake. Quick and simple to decorate. A hit with preschoolers up to teenagers.
Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe with sophistication. Festive homemade Halloween Pumpkin cupcakes, with a Halloween cupcake decorating idea, that provides the look of elegance.
Bat Cupcake Recipe for your Halloween Cupcake Cupboard A Halloween Bat Cupcake Recipe. A spooky cupcake decorated addition to your Halloween cupcake table.
Frankenstein Halloween Cupcakes Frankenstein Halloween Cupcakes to scare the living bejeezes out of you.
Halloween Witch Cupcakes, I'm gonna get you my little pretty! Halloween Witch Cupcakes. A cute homemade Halloween cupcake the will make the kiddies smile.
Spooky cupcakes with Halloween Cupcake Designs A recipe for spooky cupcakes, with simple instructions for Halloween cupcake designs., and how to draw a spider web.
Witch-Legs-Cupcake-Recipe, creepy! Witch Legs Cupcake Recipe. Spooky cupcake theme for Halloween Cupcake designs.