Orange Crush Cupcakes
Photos and Recipe by Floridacorso
I was browsing and came across these Orange Crush Cupcakes. I modified a bit to my own liking, click on the photo to see original recipe. The colorful mini orange cupcake will look great on your holiday table. Orange Crush soda is a blast from the past.
When I was a little girl the vending machine at the gas station carried bottles of orange crush soda. If you set these orange cupcakes on your holiday table, bet they will bring back some fond memories.
They are so pretty too. The simple swirl of icing and white nonpareils on the orange cupcake add color to your table. If you wanted to be a bit more decorative, or to add sparkle, you could gently roll the icing in orange sugar crystals.
For your Thanksgiving holiday cupcake, lets get creative.
Mini Orange Crush Cupcakes
- 1 box or orange cake mix
- 1 can mandarin oranges with juice
- 1/3 c water
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- orange extract approximately 2 teaspoons
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions.
- Cool completely.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Buttercream Frosting Instructions
- In a large bowl mix sugar and butter on low speed.
- Add vanilla and 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Gradually add in the remaining milk until you get a desired frosting consistency
- Tint with food coloring and decorate as desired.
|Cupcake Decorating Hint
- If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting is too thin add more sugar and whip with beater.
- An easy way to make a frosting swirl: If you do not have a pastry bag, fill a sandwich bag with frosting, and snip off the corner, and pipe out a fluffy swirl.
Related Creative Cupcake Recipes Links
Creative Cupcake Recipes and Decorating Ideas
Creative Thanksgiving Cupcakes. Thanksgiving themed cupcake recipes and ideas.
Tell Us Your Favorite Cupcake Recipes.
More Creative Thanksgiving Cupcake Recipes