Red White and Blue Cupcakes, Fourth of July Cupcakes
Photo Courtesy of I'm Actual
Let's celebrate our Nation's birthday with Red White and blue cupcakes. They are so cute. The different color layers make them so appealing. They look like they would be hard to bake. Actually, they are simple, and not too time consuming.
Fourth of July
are a great dessert to bring along. You can bake a recipe from scratch, or simply use this recipe. It calls for a store bought cake mix.
I love the str shaped sprinkles. They come in multi-color,or solid. You can even get flag colors. I tend to like the multi colors on top of the
red, white and blue cupcakes,or decorate with the tradtional colors.
Cake mix cupcakes freeze nicely. I brought them on a camping trip. I made them a few days ahead of time, and placed in the freezer in zip-loc bags. I took them out just before we left, along with a can of frosting and a jar of
sprinkles. For dessert we had
Patriotic Cupcakes. They were quite a crowd pleaser at our Independence Day Celebration.
How to make Fourth of July Cupcakes
- Using a store bought white or yellow cake mix, mix as per package directions.
- Preheat over accordingly.
- Separate batter into three bowls.
- Color the batter with red, white and blue food tint.
- Spoon the batter evenly,in layers.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool completely before baking.
Photo by H. Delgado
Creative Cupcake Links